Health and Social Care - Curriculum Intent, Impact and Implementation
Health and Social Care
Edexcel BTEC Level 1/2 Tech Award
· The BTEC Tech Award is an introduction to vocational learning.
· This qualification gives learners the opportunity to build skills that show aptitude for further learning.
· The Tech Award is different to other BTEC qualifications as it does not explicitly focus on a job role in a defined occupational area.
· The focus is on building skills and improving options so that pupils can become work ready for an occupation post-16.
· Studying this sector will complement GCSE study through providing an opportunity for practical application alongside conceptual study.
This course consists of three components that are individually assessed.
· Component 1: Human Lifespan Development –We will study how people grow and develop over the course of their life from infancy to old age.
· Component 2: Health and Social Care Services and Values - We will develop an understanding of health and social care services and the core care values.
· Component 3: Health and Well Being - We will study factors that can have a positive or negative influence on an individual’s health and well-being.
· During Year 10 learners will complete an internal assessed piece of coursework for Components 1 and 2 which is externally verified.
· During Year 11 learners will be examined on Component 3.