Travel and Tourism
Edexcel BTEC First Travel and Tourism Level 1/2
This course consists of mandatory three components that are individually assessed.
· Component 1: The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
· Component 2: UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
· Component 3: The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience
You will also study one of the following areas:
· International Travel and Tourism Destinations
· Factors affecting Worldwide Travel and Tourism
During Year 10 pupils will complete an internally assessed piece of coursework for Component 2 which is externally verified. This component teaches pupils how to plan a journey as well as being able to identify the UK's most important outbound travel routes. During the summer term of Year 10, the pupils will complete an externally assessed written exam for Component 1.
During Year 11 learners will complete coursework for Components 3 and 4. There are no written external exams to be taken during year 11 for this subject.